Read on because we give you ten killer weight loss tips to eliminate the winter weight gain and a bonus of seven healthy eating tips that will put you immediately on the right track.
Did you spend too many hours sitting this winter? Did you exercise too little? And now you want to go swimming and are annoyed at those unwelcome extra pounds…
Instead of choosing the latest diet fad, go for a weight loss plan that not only helps you lose weight in a healthy manner but also keeps it off.
Here are ten sound tips for weight loss to eliminate those extra pounds once and for all…
Exercising Strategies for toning up and slimming down
- Don’t strain your muscles. Start exercising slowly and never overdo it.
- Make a point of walking for 15 minutes every day but make sure you get hold of a good pair of walking shoes first.
- As soon a your body becomes accustomed to 15 minutes increase your walk time a little at a time.
- Apply these principles to any exercise you do outside or inside your home and you not only will get a slimmer body but also a healthier and stronger body.
- Make exercising fun! Do not repeat the same exercise one hundred times, this is a recipe for boredom and giving up quickly. Compile a program with a variety of exercises, and even combine different systems such as pilates and strength training, or pilates and classic yoga or fitness workouts. Find a plan you really like.
- Use any opportunity to move and even dance while you clean around the house, play with your kids or your dog. Put on some music if you like or, why not?, even sing yourself.
- If you have to watch TV, try riding an exercise bike simultaneously. The idea is that you get bored with television and decide to concentrate on riding the bike instead! With this technique, you won’t sit as many hours idle on a couch.
- This is a very effective one: whenever possible, take stairs instead of elevators.
- Find a friend that also wants to lose weight and do the exercising routine together. You can help each other stay motivated and achieve with your goals. You will enjoy the slimming process a lot more.
- Buy a notebook and write down your weight loss goals. Keep a record of the exercises you are doing and how many pounds you are losing every week. Don’t obsess about it, but keep track of how much weight you’re shedding. If there’s a week that you don’t lose any weight, don’t become discouraged and stick to your program. Remember that generally the weight you lose at the beginning is more spectacular than later on.
Eating Properly All Year Round To Keep Off The Extra Winter Pounds: 7 Healthy Eating Tips
Eating well during the twelve months of the year is the recommended way not to gain weight again next winter and have to start all over again. Eating nutritiously, calmly and regularly at the same time every day stops cravings and helps you lose excess weight.
- As a general rule, don’t ingest more than 1,500 to 2,000 calories a day. The daily amount of daily calories varies with body build, age and sex, so if you aren’t sure about the best amount for you see a nutrition expert or your doctor.
- Eat a variety of whole foods: vegetables, fruits, grains, the more variety you include in your meals the better. There’s no need to become a vegetarian if you are not so inclined, but as almost everybody already knows, veggies are very beneficial for your health.
- Rather than eating unhealthy snacks full of chemical additives and too-sweet desserts with too many calories, eat fruits and vegetables.
- In our present time, even in the hardest winter months you should be able to find at least one sort of fruit wherever you live. Search for online shops if there are not grocery stores offering fresh fruit in your area. As a very last resort, buy frozen fruit with no added sugar.
- Be moderate with your portions. A good strategy is buying smaller plates or using bread-and-butter plates.
- When you eat fruits, grains, pulses and vegetables you ingest beneficial carbohydrates high in fiber, minerals, vitamins and free from bad cholesterol.
- Drink enough water, up to 2 liter a day. Drinking a glass of water before meals can help you eat less. Your body cells needs to be well hydrated to function properly which in turn helps you lose weight.
Wrapping It Up: How To Lose Weight In The Winter
If you follow these weight loss tips, you’ll eliminate excess winter weight. If you feel challenged, add one technique at a time. Be persistent but don’t overdo it, because then you’ll hate your own weight loss plan and won’t stick to it long enough to see results.
All in all, it’s about making progressive lifestyle changes that aren’t too drastic but gentle and hopefully become second nature to you. This is a great way to lose weight and more importantly keep it off.